Macquarie University is offering Africa Development Scholarship to pursue the undergraduate or postgraduate programme. African students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Recognized internationally, Macquarie University is consistently ranked in the top two percent of universities in the world and within the top 10 in Australia.
It has been designed to recognise academic excellence and provide financial assistance for international students.
This scholarship can be taken up in Australia.
The sum of AU$5000 is donated annually towards your tuition fees for the length of the course (AU$2500 is credited against your tuition fees each semester).
- Be a citizen of an African country.
- Have applied for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework through a registered Macquarie University agent or through our online application system.
- Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course offered at our North Ryde campus.
- Have enrolled and be ready to begin your course in 2017 (commencement may not be deferred).
- Commence study in the session and year indicated in your scholarship letter of offer. Commencement may not be deferred.
Also note that you won’t be eligible for this scholarship in cases such as;
- You’re not eligible if you are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- Students who are on an English-packaged course are eligible for this scholarship if they commence their course in 2018 or 2019.
- You’re not eligible if you have received any other Macquarie University scholarship (which may include the UAC Scholarship) for this course of study, unless you have been advised otherwise by a representative of the university.
- To remain eligible for this scholarship, you must stay enrolled in your original approved course of study and pass all units within the course.
- If you withdraw from your program before completion, you may be required to repay any scholarship previously awarded to you during your study period at Macquarie University based on the outcome as decided by the scholarships and grants committee.
Macquarie University Africa Development Scholarship Application Process
You don’t need to apply directly to be considered for a country scholarship. Applicants who meet the criteria will be automatically advised of their eligibility in their Macquarie University course offer letter.
- Details on how to apply to Macquarie University for a coursework degree are available on the website.
- Applicants who meet the criteria will be automatically advised of their eligibility in their Macquarie University course offer letter sent via email.
Important dates for this scholarship are noted in the table below;
|Scholarship Type||Session 1 (February)||Session 2 (July)||Outcome Advised|
|All Scholarships (except listed below)||21 December||14 June||Every 2 – 4 weeks|
|Global Allianz Fund||14 December||Within the last 2 weeks of January|
|30 June||Within the last 2 weeks of July|
The application and official link for this scholarship is connoted below;